Monday, 27 June 2011

27 June 2011 - Homework & Letters

Hello Parents and Children!

Sorry for the late entry. Hope some of you remember what we went through today~

Lesson

  • Revision of Fractions: 
    • Super shortcut method
    • 36 / 4 = 9 = 36 x (1/4)
    • 36 divided by 4 = 9 = 36 multiplies 1 quarter
  • Introduction to Decimals
    • Linked fractions (divided by 10 and multiplies by 1 out of 10 [1/10]) to decimals
    • 1 out of ten = 1/10 = 0.1
    • 5 out of ten = 5/10 = 0.5 = 1/2
    • Shaded one part out of 10 parts of a model
    • Used drawers, glass doors and soap bottles to show students concept

Homework

  • Maths Textbook Pages 8 - 12
  • A letter to Melissa. She transferred out from the class. :(
Administration
  • Some students did not bring their Maths and English Workbook. Please bring it by tomorrow.
  • Some students did not bring their Maths Practice Book and English Learning Log. Please bring it tomorrow. 
    • We constantly use these two books for note-taking for their revision and reference while doing their homework. It encourages them to be more independent in their learning. 
  • I have given the students 2 consent forms
    • NKF Trip - We will have an excursion to NKF on the 15 July from 2 - 5pm. I would appreciate if a parent would be available to assist me in caring for the children on that day. Many thanks in advance. 
    • English Lesson Study - I will be conducting a lesson study where a new strategy will be tried on the class for the teaching of the English subject. I will require the class to come on the 06 July and stay back from 2 - 3.30pm
Miscellaneous
  • For the record, I am no longer teaching the class PE. Mr Zhafrie, a relief teacher, will be taking over.
  • I will be starting on the 1-WAD project soon (next week latest). Might consider getting them a new exercise book since the ELL (English Learning Log) would be for note-taking. Any thoughts?
  • Will provide a list of those in Focus Group and Remedial Classes by Wednesday.
  • I will do my best to post this by 3pm everyday so that us parents can check it at work before you come back home. 
  • I will be asking the children for their parents' signature once every fortnight. 
Do sms me before 9pm or leave comments here if you have any questions! 

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment