Tuesday, 28 June 2011

28 June 2011 - Homework and Letters and Updates!

Hi everyone!

Today's Lessons
Today we did decimals: tenths!

According to the Concrete-Pictorial-Abstract theory, we moved on to Pictorial and discussed the answers I gave the children for homework (Maths Textbook Pages 8-12). Some of them did not know how to do some pages and I'm glad that after the discussion, these children learnt how to see the relationship between the pictures of bars and pies.

Some students unfortunately did not do the homework. Our class has an honesty policy and I have a good rapport with the children that they do tell me the truth, but whenever they aren't honest, I do tell them I'm disappointed because I'm fine if they tell me truth that they don't know how to do it, but they must show some effort. If they have absolutely no idea, then it simply means they haven't being paying attention during the previous lesson! Then it's definitely their loss and this is what I try to drive to them.

I then gave them the worksheets for them to complete. Since it was a simple task, they completed quickly in class.

Class Administration
I showed the class the new timetable and asked them to change it within their own because to my knowledge, the children would copy their timetable in their student handbook. But since some of them have told me whether they could have a copy, I will be giving them a copy tomorrow.

Along with the copy, I will give those who are involved in the Focus Group and Remedial Sessions their consent form.

On the topic of consent forms, there will be change in the date for the Lesson Study. It will be pushed forward to the 13th of July. I will also give this to the children.

Class Photos
I have also given the children their class photos. I have paid for some of the students and they still owe me some money.

Consent Forms
I collected the 2 consent forms given yesterday: NKF and Lesson Study. There are some student who have not returned me the return slips.

Ok that's it!

Back to work~

No comments:

Post a Comment