Sunday, 26 June 2011

First Post!

Hello Parents and Children!

Welcome to the Blog/Homework Tracker!

I'll post the homework here and any other school letters and/or publications that I have given the children.

For the record, I will be giving back the English Workbook and Mathematics File once every fortnight for your signature, for your checking and acknowledgement.

I'm sure most parents already have my mobile number. Do not hesitate to contact me. Please do so on any day before 9pm (unless of course there is an emergency).

As for the Focus Group, I will be sending out a letter to those who need to attend the Focus Group. Tentatively, the sessions will be on Mondays and Wednesdays while Friday afternoons will still be reserved for remedial sessions.

Your child who is attending the Focus Group sessions may still attend remedial sessions. If you do not wish your child to attend the Focus Group, please inform me. 


Announcements for this week:

  • National Kidney Foundation Excursion on the 15/07/2011
    • Time will be confirmed soon; Require 1 Parent Volunteer (SMS or call me)
  • Children will be given a daily mini homework (except Friday)
    • 1 Word A Day: With their English Learning Log, class will be given a word to find its meaning and write a sentence using the word
    • e.g.  Magnanimous (adjective)
      • Meaning: Very generous and forgiving especially to someone weaker or a rival
      • Sentence: I think he is a magnanimous person when he helped his opposing player stand up when he fell. 
    • Words will be selected from their spelling list to make them further understand the words from the spelling list



    Thank you for reading. I look forward to working with you for this coming Semester.

    :)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment